top of page


Emergency Services

Dial 911 for Fire, Police, or Medical Emergency

Since Haywood Knolls does not have street lights, if it is dark, it is recommended to have someone outside the residence to guide the response unit to the appropriate home.


Open Burning

Open burning, when meteorological conditions permit, is allowed in the sub-division. However, since the sub-division is heavily wooded, a permit for open burning is OBLIGATORY and is obtained from the Fire Marshall of Henderson County.



Many of the roads in the sub-division are state roads and therefore, the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) is responsible for their upkeep and maintenance. The roads in the sub-division are plowed by the NCDOT during the winter months and the posted speed limit is 25 mph throughout the community. Many of the roads are winding and hilly so it is essential to drive slowly in the community.



The community is served by the Hendersonville, NC, post office. Residents receive their mail in mail boxes at the front of each property. Community residents must provide a USPS-approved roadside box with the house number clearly marked. Outgoing mail will also be picked up if the box flag is up. If a resident plans to be absent from the property for any period of time, the Post Office will hold the mail for later delivery.



The Asheville Citizen Times newspaper as well as The Times News, the Henderson county daily, is delivered 7 days a week, usually in the pre-dawn hours.


Refuse Collection

All garbage and trash removal is each resident’s responsibility. There is no government or Association-provided service.  Waste collection contractors pick up once a week. Henderson county offers a transfer station and recycling / convenience center off of Stony Mountain Road, approximately three miles from the subdivision. 


Henderson County Erosion Control

Anyone involved in land-disturbing activities must take special precautions to reduce soil erosion and prevent sedimentation that damages waterways and properties. Please call (828) 694-6521 to report a soil erosion problem. Check with Henderson County Soil Erosion Control Division for regulations as well as type of permits required.



Residents obtain their water from the City of Hendersonville and are billed monthly.


Septic Systems

All properties in the Haywood Knolls subdivision have septic systems.



Electric Power is provided by Duke Power.



Cable television and internet offered by a variety of providers. 



Many residents have pets. With the community’s long roads, it is an excellent place to both walk and exercise a dog. However, Henderson county has a leash law and dogs are not permitted to run loose and must be on a leash when off a resident’s own property. The Henderson county noise ordinance prohibits uncontrolled barking and dog houses or pens are forbidden under the Protective Covenants. Any dog or cat roaming loose in the sub-division can be picked up by the Henderson county animal services and taken to the county animal services facility to be claimed by its owner. Also, any resident who sees or encounters a wild animal that may be wounded or diseased is urged to immediately contact the county animal services.


Association Communications

Haywood Knolls Association produces a quarterly newsletter sent via email to residents. The newsletters provide a summary of Board actions taken at its scheduled or special meetings. It also includes information of interest to the members, including security, events happening in the community, common area and new resident information, and educational items.

bottom of page